By John N. Serio
Read Online or Download The Cambridge Companion to Wallace Stevens (Cambridge Companions to Literature) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
There's a melanoma within the land; the melanoma of feedback. Christ as soon as stated, “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be referred to as the youngsters of God. ” Whose childrens then, are those that create animosity and competition, who “sow discord” and make a guy “an criminal for a notice? ” In Blindness via layout, writer Robert Day takes factor with those that not just unfold the melanoma of anti-government rhetoric, yet do it simply because there's titanic funds to be made in so doing.
The feminine grievance is a part of Lauren Berlant’s groundbreaking “national sentimentality” venture charting the emergence of the U. S. political sphere as an affective area of attachment and identity. during this ebook, Berlant chronicles the origins and conventions of the 1st mass-cultural “intimate public” within the usa, a “women’s tradition” exclusive by means of a view that ladies unavoidably have whatever in universal and are wanting a talk that feels intimate and revelatory.
Because the starting of his poetic profession within the Nineteen Nineties, derek beaulieu has created works that experience challenged readers to appreciate in new methods the chances of poetry. With 9 books at the moment to his credits, and lots of works showing in chapbooks, broadsides, and magazines, beaulieu keeps to push experimental poetry, either in Canada and across the world, in new instructions.
Every now and then of problem and revolution comparable to ours, diagnoses of the most important junctures and ruptures – ‘turning issues’ – within the non-stop circulation of background are extra customary than ever. Analysing literary, cinematic and different narratives, the amount seeks to appreciate the meanings conveyed by means of diversified ideas of turning issues, the choice options to which they're hostile whilst used to provide an explanation for ancient switch, and people contexts during which they're unmasked as fake and over-simplifying buildings.
- Literary Eats: Emily Dickinson’s Gingerbread, Ernest Hemingway’s Picadillo, Eudora Welty’s Onion Pie and 400+ Other Recipes from American Authors Past and Present
- Postcolonial Life Narratives: Testimonial Transactions (Oxford Studies in Postcolonial Literatures)
- Maya Angelou: Adventurous Spirit
- Talking to the Gods: Occultism in the Work of W. B. Yeats, Arthur Machen, Algernon Blackwood, and Dion Fortune (SUNY series in Western Esoteric Traditions)
- A Concise Companion to Middle English Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
- Stirring the Pot: The Kitchen and Domesticity in the Fiction of Southern Women
Extra resources for The Cambridge Companion to Wallace Stevens (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
The Cambridge Companion to Wallace Stevens (Cambridge Companions to Literature) by John N. Serio