By Claire Valier
· Teletechnologies, punishment and new collectivities
· The cultural politics of sufferers rights
· Discourses on foreigners, crime and diaspora
· Terror, the dying penalty and the spectacle of violence.
Crime and Punishment in modern Culture makes a well timed and critical contribution to discuss at the chances of justice within the media age.
Read or Download Crime and Punishment in Contemporary Culture (International Library of Sociology) PDF
Similar criminal law books
Some time past twenty years, Australia has been the positioning of significant police misconduct scandals and inquiries, resulting in reform tasks on the innovative of police integrity administration practices. providing interviews with key informants and an research of key files, Police Integrity administration in Australia: international classes for fighting Police Misconduct deals a finished examine, performed from 2008 to 2010, of techniques and structures in Australia.
Keep an eye on and Order, Gang Violence, dying Penalty, Spirituality, Rehabilitation, Survival, Redemption, Suicide, Hopelessness, Politics. .. The Anatomy of legal lifestyles stocks the real tale of the Illinois division of Corrections and the non-public event of retired warden and writer Charles Hinsley.
This leading edge selection of unique essays showcases using social networks within the research and realizing of assorted types of crime. greater than the other previous study pastime, the seventeen chapters during this publication practice to criminology the various conceptual and methodological recommendations from social community research.
On October 6, 1990, in the course of a kinfolk weekend an vintage mall in Beaumont, Texas, Joe and Elaine Langley's lifestyles replaced endlessly. Their 10-year-old daughter, Falyssa Van Winkle, disappeared whereas paying for peanuts quite a few yards away. 5 hours later her physique used to be came across lower than a distant rural bridge eighty miles away, the place she have been raped and strangled.
- Trends in Policing: Interviews with Police Leaders Across the Globe, Volume Four (Interviews with Global Leaders in Policing, Courts, and Prisons)
- Criminal Justice Policy
- Police Without Borders: The Fading Distinction between Local and Global (International Police Executive Symposium Co-Publications)
- Delinquency Theories: Appraisals and applications
- California Criminal Procedure: 2017
- Homeland Security: An Introduction to Principles and Practice
Extra resources for Crime and Punishment in Contemporary Culture (International Library of Sociology)
Crime and Punishment in Contemporary Culture (International Library of Sociology) by Claire Valier