By John Oakland
The 8th version of this highly-praised textbook has been considerably up to date and revised to supply scholars of British stories with definitely the right advent to Britain, its kingdom and folks, politics and govt, schooling, economic system, media, arts and faith. It contains:
- discussion of contemporary advancements and parts of topical curiosity in British society equivalent to immigration, the recession, devolution and the Scottish Referendum and Britain’s relationships with the U.S. and the ecu
- coverage of the 2015 common election and its implications for the future
- new full-colour illustrations
- exercises and inquiries to stimulate category dialogue
- insights into the attitudes of British buyers in the direction of vital issues
- updated feedback for extra analyzing and important web pages.
Supported by means of an absolutely up-to-date spouse web site (found at www.routledge.com/cw/oakland) that includes extra routines, quiz questions, an interactive timeline, hyperlinks to suitable articles and movies on-line and show advice, British Civilization is an important creation to the the most important and complicated identities of england prior and current.
Read or Download British Civilization: An Introduction PDF
Similar uk history books
A advertisement corporation demonstrated in 1600 to monopolize alternate among England and the some distance East, the East India corporation grew to control an Indian empire. Exploring the connection among energy and data in eu engagement with Asia, Indian Ink examines the corporate at paintings and divulges how writing and print formed authority on a world scale within the 17th and eighteenth centuries.
Eire lower than the Tudors - quantity IIRichard Bagwell, Historian of the Stuart and Tudor classes in eire, and a political commentator with powerful Unionist convictions (1840 –1918)This publication offers «Ireland lower than the Tudors - quantity II», from Richard Bagwell. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen.
The 7th version of this specific and authoritative advisor to greater than a hundred and seventy years of political heritage displays the fast and carrying on with switch within the electoral panorama of the uk. overlaying the interval 1832-2006, it provides easy accessibility to a myriad of evidence and figures on all forty four normal Elections, six eu Parliament elections and greater than 3,700 parliamentary by-elections that experience taken position within the uk because the nice Reform Act.
Des siècles d’obstination et de frustrations ! Dans un lointain passé, Jules César et Guillaume le Conquérant ont réussi à envahir l’Angleterre. Mais au fil des siècles, l’entreprise devint plus difficile, avant de se révéler very unlikely. Après ces glorieux prédécesseurs, d’autres, tout aussi célèbres, comme Philippe II, Napoléon et Hitler, ont également rêvé de franchir l. a. Manche et ont consenti à cet effet des préparatifs formidables : l. a. Grande Armada, los angeles flottille de Boulogne, l’opération Lion de Mer.
- The Duke of Queensberry and the Union of Scotland and England: James Douglas and the Act of Union of 1707, Student Edition
- Money Pits: British Mining Companies in the Californian and Australian Gold Rushes of the 1850s (Modern Economic and Social History)
- The Origins of Modern English Society
- Kingship and Unity (Edinburgh Classic Editions)
Extra info for British Civilization: An Introduction
British Civilization: An Introduction by John Oakland