By A. D. Cousins
Read or Download Andrew Marvell: Loss and aspiration, home and homeland in Miscellaneous Poems PDF
Similar literary renaissance criticism books
Humanism is generally notion to return to England within the early 16th century. during this booklet, notwithstanding, Daniel Wakelin uncovers the just about unknown affects of humanism on English literature within the previous hundred years. He considers the humanist impacts at the reception of a few of Chaucer's paintings and at the paintings of vital authors resembling Lydgate, Bokenham, Caxton, and Medwall, and in lots of nameless or forgotten translations, political treatises, and records from the 15th and early 16th centuries.
Boccaccio's Decameron and the Ciceronian Renaissance demonstrates that Boccaccio's complicated masterpiece takes on natural consistency while considered as an early glossy edition of a pre-Christian, humanistic vision.
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Taking cross-disciplinary and comparative methods to the volume’s topic, this intriguing selection of essays deals a reassessment of Shakespeare’s erotic and Ovidian mythology inside of classical and continental aesthetic contexts. via large exam of mythological visible and textual fabric, students discover the transmission and reinvention of Ovidian eroticism in Shakespeare’s performs to teach how early glossy artists and audiences jointly engaged in redefining methods of considering excitement.
- Poets, Players, and Preachers: Remembering the Gunpowder Plot in Seventeenth-Century England
- A Biographical Encyclopedia of Early Modern Englishwomen: Exemplary Lives and Memorable Acts, 1500-1650
- Heroic Forms: Cervantes and the Literature of War (Toronto Iberic)
- Making Gender, Culture, and the Self in the Fiction of Samuel Richardson: The Novel Individual (British Literature in Context in the Long Eighteenth Century)
- Unruly Women: Performance, Penitence, and Punishment in Early Modern Spain (Toronto Iberic)
- Mesoamerican Voices: Native Language Writings from Colonial Mexico, Yucatan, and Guatemala
Additional info for Andrew Marvell: Loss and aspiration, home and homeland in Miscellaneous Poems
Andrew Marvell: Loss and aspiration, home and homeland in Miscellaneous Poems by A. D. Cousins